Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Falling for Him in Fall

I'm so bad at this blogging thing. I constantly say that I will blog once a week but I never do!

Fall has arrived in Alabama in such a rush for which none of us was prepared. One day it was sunny and 75 and the next rainy, dreary and 50. Don't get me wrong, I love the fall and every single thing about it. I love the weather, the trees, the holidays, wearing sweaters, cold nights, fires, everything.
I just don't like Alabama falls.

God has been knocking my socks off lately with his awesomeness!
He has provided me with a wonderful job and promise and hope for the future.

I'm now employed at one of the many chick-fil-a's in Huntsville. I honestly can not complain about it because I'm working good hours and it isn't complicated work.
I'm excited to finally have a job and a constant source of income.

People are kind of floored when I say I want to move to Uganda after graduation in 20 months.

This literally happened not quite a week ago. I was using my new favorite website, pinterest.com, when I saw an advertisement for this book called "Kisses From Katie".

Being bored and interested I do what all smart people do.

I went to YouTube.

I seriously want you to stop reading and look up Kisses for Katie on YouTube RIGHT NOW!

If you are lazy like me and don't want to go to all that trouble here is the link

Kisses For Katie

Were you moved? Did that video make you cry as much as I did?

Did it break your heart?

Well all of the above sure did happen to me and that is why I did MORE research and found this website:

Amazima Ministries

and then Katie Davis's blog:
http://www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

and then the most exciting website of them all:
http://www.Visitingorphans.org/

So it is decided that I, Alex Worlund, will journey to the beautiful and spectacular country of Uganda in March.

My plans may not be God's plan but I have told Him that I'm going to keep going with this til he tells me to stop.

I have talked briefly with my parents and told them that I don't really want to go to college now.

Much to my surprise, my parents weren't completely against it.

I would rather graduate and move to take care of sweet, little babies in Jinju, Uganda.

 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper and not to harm. To give you hope and a future."

I'm seriously trusting in God to make these decisions for me.

I ask that if you are reading this, please pray that God will give me guidance and I will have a servants heart for Him.

Sometime I look at this opportunity and plan with amazement and fear.

Am I ready to leave my friends and family to go live in a country that will be so foreign to me?

Go to a place that is so very different then the luxurious place I grew up in?

A place that I will have to humble myself to the Lord every single day or I won't make it?

I look at all this and think yeah, I'm ready.

I'm ready to serve, help, comfort, love, hurt, with the people of Uganda.

I'm ready to stretch myself to places I'm not comfortable with..

I'm ready to clean, and work my tail off everyday to serve people less fortunate then me.

I'm ready.

Here I am LORD!

SEND ME!


No comments:

Post a Comment