Thursday, September 27, 2012

Anyway - Everyday Pasta Casserole

As long as I can remember, I have loved to cook. In fact, most of my scars are from cooking (or battling the hot glue gun, but that is another story). I figured that I would share some original recipes on my blog.


This recipe is super fast, easy, and cheap! Perfect for those busy days that you just need to throw something in the oven! Also is reheats awesomely, because who doesn't love leftover pasta?

Anyway - Everyday Pasta Casserole
Yields 6 servings
Prep time 15 mins. 
Cook time 25 mins.
(Okay for lack of a better name I picked this, I know super cheesy. Plus, it totally taste better than it sounds)

You'll need:
 a 13 x 9 pan (I used a glass pan)
3/4 box of Rigatoni noodles
1/2 lb. of sausage, quartered (I used andouille)
1 small green bell pepper, diced (You could do chopped to sneak it past the kids, no matter how old. Promise they wont even taste it!)
3/4 of a small onion, sliced (Once again try chopped)
1 small jalapeno pepper (optional)
1 bag of bacon bits
2 1/2 cups of red pasta sauce (I used 1/2 from a can and half homemade. If you use a can, try to get one that has garlic in the mix, if not then add 2 cloves of garlic to the sauce before adding to the casserole)
5 oz of shredded Parmesan cheese (I used Sargento's brand because that is what we had in the fridge. I'm sure straight from a block would be delish!)

Step 1:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook noodles as directed

Step 2:
Drain noodles and pour directly into pan. Add sausage, peppers, onion, bacon on top of the noodles.

Step 3:
Pour sauce on to the ingredients. Sprinkle cheese on top of sauce

Step 4:
Cook for 25 minutes, or until the cheese is mostly melted (or as melted as Parmesan cheese can get)

Step 5:
Bon Appetite

There you have it! Dinner ready in under an hour and mostly healthy. The best part is that you can switch to whole grain noodles and organic veggies for a healthier version.Take out the meat for a vegetarian dish.
Add mushrooms, more cheese, less cheese, more veggies, make your own sauce or use Ragoui. It really doesn't matter. Make it yours and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment