Sunday, December 18, 2011

Extending Grace

How do you grieve a friend that has grown away from you?
That won't give you the time of day and is making all the wrong choices.

How do you convince yourself that its not your fault, there is nothing else humanly possible to do?
Nothing but love would make her understand.

Some nights I cry.
Some nights I wonder what the Father has in store.
Some nights I just pray that God keeps her safe while I can't.

How do you stop judging and start praying?

How do you stop yourself from screaming at them, trying to make them understand how deep your love is?

How do you extend patience and grace when they hurt you and themselves over and over again?
Grace that keeps being shoved back in your face?

How do I love like the Father when I myself have had my fill loving what seems a brick wall?

How do you get over grief, guilt, worry, and pain in one huge emotional tidal wave?

Only God knows what will happen.

I just have to know that I tried my hardest and God WILL do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment